Wednesday, January 25, 2012

being yourself

Sometimes I get lost in the world of "keeping up" and forget that it's perfectly okay to just be me.




The me that knows nothing about makeup. I wish I did, but I don't. Tips?




The me that you will most likely see in some type of athletic gear unless it's a special occasion.




The me that loves my family more than anything in this universe.




The me that has no idea what I want to do with my life.




The me who wants to change lives, but has no idea how to do it.




The me that is searching for my purpose and I have faith I will find it.




The me that isn't the best writer, but loves writing.




The me that is real, and genuinely happy to be here.



Even on this blog I feel like at times I try to "keep up" with people who have a bazillion followers. Why? That's not even the point of me being here. I use to blog to myself for months, said whatever I wanted, did whatever I wanted, and I think was definitely happier in my writing...even if it did suck.



I've definitely learned though, it's always much much easier to just be you instead of trying to please everyone else. It's at least made me a much happier person.



This is totally random but at times I think we all get lost in trying to please everyone but ourselves.













10 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally agree. And sometimes I have that problem with blogging. But I really do it for me :) thanks for sharing! I too love writing but suck haha except I think you're great!

Jennʻs Adventureʻs said...

I'm glad you're you -- everyone else is, too:)

PS: totally random fits you... you should do that 11 random things post - use my questions I posted if you want!

ashleigh said...

i couldnt agree more;
i totally feel this way when it comes to blogging; you try to write what people want and not what YOU want

... said...

And you think you are not the best writer?! Girl...you are crazy. This was beautifully written :) And so transparent...that is what I love most about bloggers...transparency! :) Just be you. I like YOU!

Katie {katie lately} said...

I love this Molly! I like it when you are YOU, because you are pretty dang sweet!! :)

xoxo

Corinne said...

After every line I was nodding my head and saying "yup...yup!...SO TRUE(per the athletic gear).

Although I don't personally know you - I think you write beautifully and write things that are true and from the heart. It's easy to get swept away by those bigger blogs that have all the bells and whistles but honestly? I love a good 'ol, honest to goodness blog more!

Holly said...

I couldnt have said it better and I agree with everything you said :) I am so thankful for blogging and meeting sweet people like you! xoxo

Tiffany said...

I completely agree with you!!!
And believe you are aren't the only one that knows NOTHING about make-up!! I do good to just wear it most days.

Raquel said...

I couldn't agree more! I love this Molly!

Amanda C. said...

I know exactly how you feel. It is easy to get caught up in this whole blog world. You just have to stay true to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...