Friday, January 27, 2012

engagement encounter



As I'm sitting here not being able to sleep and just got done FaceTiming with Jeff {which, btw, is the COOLEST invention of all time-other than when I see him focusing on other things like uhhhh espn} I figured I'd share with you what Jeff and myself would be doing this weekend.


A little background here. Jeff & I are getting married in my hometown church. The church I grew up going to not only every Sunday but at one point in time every single day or at least twice a week. I am Catholic and went to a private catholic school for nine years. Once upon a time we were required to wear the most hideous uniforms and kicked total butt in all sports, 15-0 baby! That church is a very, very big part of me and honestly I couldn't imagine getting married in any other church.



As a requirement per say to get married there we have to attend an engagement encounter.


What's that?! Yeah I was wondering the saaaaaaaaammmmme thing.


Here is what the e-mail I got today said:

"The Engaged Encounter weekend is designed to help couples develop a more meaningful relationship centered on your love for each other. Your love for one another will be stronger, deeper, and more enduring when it is rooted in the One who is the source of all love. This weekend will assist you in gaining a fuller sense for the sanctity of the Marriage Sacrament" 




I'm kind of nervous about the whole deal {mostly getting some roommate I don't know} but I think it is going to be pretty cool for us to get to know each other on another level. Deeper level, and more personal level. I'm going to try to go in with an open mind and hope I don't come out running ;)




Also, we aren't supposed to have any technology over the weekend so I probably will be no where near cyber land for quite some time. I hope I survive without you all. And how am I supposed to go a whole weekend without talking to my mom?! haha. 




Anyway, I hope it all goes well and if I disappear it's because my roommate kidnapped me. I hope y'all have a great FRIDAY!

p to the s..these are just a few "not so serious" pictures that never made the cut when I posted engagement pictures. makes me giggle. {yes...giggle}




17 comments:

Katie said...

good luck! can't wait to hear what it was like!

Corinne said...

ooo good luck! We are being married by my Grandpa, but a few of my friends went to those retreats before they got married due to requirements. They were a little nervous at first (understandably so) but came out of it saying it was a really good experience. They said a few moments were awkward, but overall they were happy they did it.
Hopefully you and Jeff have a great experience! I think you going into it with an open mind is the best thing you can do to prepare yourself!
(and not being able to talk to my Mom would be the hardest thing for me, too!)

Oh and I loooove your photos! They are SO good and I love the fun and love they capture!

Heather said...

Oh wow! Good luck!

Amanda C. said...

Haha, love the pics. Looks like yall were having a lot of fun. Good luck this weekend. Hope it goes well.

Jennifer said...

Good luck on the weekend!

Just to let you know, I am giving away 3 different wedding books on my blog!

Amanda said...

Sounds super intense! But good luck! I know you'll end up coming out of it stronger in the end :)

Unknown said...

These are so cute! Good luck! :)

Holly said...

Good luck and have fun! annnd please tell me all about it, so I can be prepared ;)

Megan at Megan Can said...

I can't wait to hear all about it! Good luck!! & your pictures are just too precious! Love them all!!!

... said...

These pictures are so sweet :) I know this weekend is going to be a great experience for the two of you! Have a great time hun!

Bethany said...

Hope the weekend goes well! These pics are cute too :)

MonicaLeeBlog said...

Those pictures are soo cute! And i'm excited to hear about how this weekend of yours goes!! :]

Katie {katie lately} said...

your engagement pics are AMAZEBALLS!!! have soooo much fun this weekend , cherish every last minute of it!!

Charlotte said...

Can't wait to hear about the weekend! Cute cute pics!

Magical Daydream said...

These pictures are super fun and cute! And I'm sure the weekend will be good!

x

Marielle

Kristin said...

Where did they have this at? Such a good idea!

Mrs. Mama said...

i LOOOOOVE these pictures. you two melt my heart to a big blob of goo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...