Monday, January 30, 2012

face lift & makeover monday {3}

First things first....does something look a little different around these parts?!
I hope so because my blog got a face lift and I am in flipping love with my new blog design. I mean, in love.

Meg, the pretty lady who blogs at O is Me did this crazy talented work and I can't thank her enough!
She seriously is so so great to work with and made it so my blog all around screamed "Molly". She took every detail into consideration in making it exactly how I had pictured and more. How she does all that...I will never know and it would quite frankly probably hurt my brain too much to even try.

So if you don't know Meg you should definitely go check out her precious blog along with her new beautiful baby girl!

Thanks again Meg, you are fab.u.lous!!


Now for Makeover Monday!







If you missed the past two weeks the topics were skin care & hair care.

This week we are getting all sorts of crazy and linking up for some foundation {and all the bells & whistles included with it...primer, concealer, whateva}.

I am going to admit I am not an expert in this category. This one I really do minimal work on and hope all  of your link-ups will help me out in this little problem I've got.

My daily routine of make-up is pretty simple & straight forward. I don't have the money or knowledge right now to buy expensive products or test out different types to make me looks all sorts of amazing right now. I do have one foundation I have caught myself going back to over the years though.

My Favorite Foundation {thus far}:

Clinique Superbalanced Makeup in Ivory



This is probably as expensive as it gets for me in the makeup department until I can afford to try out other products. However, I love this foundation and think that it covers well, feels light, and doesn't look like I gobbed makeup all over my face.  I call that a win-win in my book of foundation.

I always always have to use a bronzer because I'm white. Like, really white people. Do I care? Not really. I'm going to try & be one hot mama when I'm 80. Ha ha. Okay maybe I really wish I was tan but that's beside the point.

I haven't found a "to die for" bronzer but what I currently use is the e.l.f sunkissed bronzer & it does the job for me. If you haven't used e.l.f products I would definitely recommend it as I've seen great quality with an even better price!



Two things I'd really like to purchase in the near future are a good primer {any recommendations?} and concealer {have tried many but never loved any} so that I can stay fresh as a daisy all day long without looking like a dead woman by 3:00.

Hopefully I get some helpful hints from you all & I can be looking better in no time!

Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to share with you all the things my fiance & I learned this past weekend at our Engagement Encounter weekend "retreat"...thingy.

HAPPY MONDAY!

13 comments:

... said...

the new design looks amazing!! I am in the works with mine too!

Raquel said...

Omg i LOVE the new design!! Looks amazing!

C Mae said...

New blog make over looks stellar....( I hate telling people that layout is important, but it kinda is!) Definitely worth it, no? Love it!

ashleigh said...

seriously love love love the new look

Corinne said...

Your new blog looks AMAZING! I love it!
I don't have much advice on the primer/concealer because I'm kinda the same way as you - I'm not in love with anything I've tried yet.

Syndal said...

the new design is SO cute! love it!

Holly said...

I absolutely LOVE the new design! soo cute and fun :)

Meg O. said...

I'm so glad you love your design! I think it is so fun and I am so happy that it turned out so "you"! You are tooooooooooo sweet to write that about me!! I am humbled!!

Since I am a makeup freak, I might chime in here... my favorite concealer EVER is the MAC Studio Finish. It is seriously the bomb - great coverage and it lasts forever. As far as primer, I've gone through a lot but I really like the Make Up For Ever HD primer. Bronzer... I think Nars Laguna is at the top of my list. And foundation...? Well I have 6 different ones in my drawer because I can't pick a favorite. LOL

Megan at Megan Can said...

LOVE the new layout & LOVE the new button for Makeover Monday!! I'm right there with ya with spending the big bucks on expensive makeup! I too can't afford it either but honestly I don't know if I could spend lots of $$$ on makeup when I know I can achieve my look with good ole drugstore makeup! I'd rather put that $$$ towards clothes or shoes or purses haha!!

Amanda said...

Love the new look, Molly! Especially because of all the pink :)

Renee Arianna said...

Your new blog layout looks so cute!! :)

Michelle said...

I love your new design! LOOKS AWESOME! Meg is awesome!!!

Amanda C. said...

I love the new look. I am not much of an expert in the makeup area. I wear bare minerals foundation, primer, and concealer. I like how light it feels.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...