Wednesday, January 11, 2012

wedding wednesday-long distance

Well what do you know, Wedding Wednesday falls right on the 11th of January. In case you are curious, that is seven months until our big day!!! Craziness. Like, seriously.

What's also crazy is that I have been living the long distance life pretty much since we got engaged. We got engaged on December 20th, 2010, and he went to Minnesota for work in Febuary. The plus side, we got to spend Valentines Day together.

However, quite frankly, I'm over the long distance. I don't know how some of you do it for years and hundreds of hours away. I really don't. I seriously look up to you because I am the biggest baby in the world about it.

The phone? I hate it.
Skype? Not the same.

At points I wondered if I could do it, and how the heck I was going to get through it.We were both going through a very stressful little time and I was alone. Obviously not really because I could always talk to my parents, or Jeff, but just physically alone. No bueno. I'm not a very good alone person.

So do I have advice? Err..not any great advice but I do have to say that you have to treasure and make the most of all the times you do spend together. Honestly, you really do. And communication is probably the most important aspect of any relationshiph really. If someone is unhappy, especially if all you have is the phone, you have got to talk to through or it will sneak it's way back again...and probably a little louder.

 I also learned {really fast} that when guys are tired, you should not make them stay up and talk to you because "you never see each other" and the only thing you have is the phone. ha ha. No but seriously don't.

I do know that I would do it again if I had to. No, not because I like it, but because he is worth it to me. It is worth it to me knowing that in seven {exact} months I will be marry the guy who makes me find passionas I never knew I had, who supports me no matter what, who loves me even at my complete worst. That, to me, is worth these no fun hours apart.



Really was NOT meaning this post to go anywhere in that direction but hey, what can ya do. The fingers do, what the fingers do.

P.S. I CANNOT wait to show the Save the Date my awesome, talented friend made for us. O.M.G. It's perfect. Will show it after they get sent out in the next few weeks. YEE!

P.S.S. Makeover Monday is ON! We will be doing one CATEGORY per week until well, the beauty runs out {if that's possible ;)}.



10 comments:

Steph said...

Long distance is definitely not fun, but it makes the times spent together SO much more amazing. We did cross-country long distance in college and it was tough, but we made it! Can't wait til you guys can be in the same place at the same time!

Anonymous said...

Long distance is AWFUL, been there, done that, hopefully I never have to do it again!

Even though I am experiencing a small amount of long distance now, nothing comparable to yours though. Fiance got a job in a town roughly an hour from our home area so now he lives in downtown Chicago part of the week Sunday night through Wednesday night so now I only see him Thursday evening, Friday evening, and the weekend. I mean at least I do get to see him, but going from seeing him every night and every weekend to just a few days is terribly rough. I'm a big baby about stuff like that too. Wahhhhh. ='(

If you ever need someone to talk to, drop me a line! =D I cannot wait to read about your wedding plans in feature posts!

Amanda said...

Hahahaha totally agree with this long distance post. I can be a big baby about it too. I'm at the point where all I'm doing is just keeping super BUSY! And going to bed early lol. I wouldn't do it again because I wanted to, but because it's worth it. 110% :)

Megan at Megan Can said...

Long distance is no fun! My love just went back to your state of Kansas to finish out his last semester of graduate school. The 3 weeks he was home with me here in Illinois was the greatest ever & I HATED to see him go {I throw a fit everytime} even though I try not to! I strongly believe if you can make it through a LDR you can make it through anything! Hope you're having a great day!

Holly said...

I've never had to do long distance but I can only imagine how difficult it is :/
There is light at the end of the tunnel and soon enough you will ne his WIFE. yayyyy!
p.s. gave u a shout out on my blog, check it out (yesterdays post)
xoxo

Katie said...

I definitely didn't have this problem since the Hubs and I lived one town over from each other. So I can't imagine how hard it must be to not only be without each other, but especially while planning a wedding! I *can* say from experience, that the engagement FLIES BY, and before you know it you will be spending every single day together, and have the rest of your lives together, which will outweigh the relatively shorter time you were apart ;-)
My husband and I literally spend every single minute we're not at work together, and sometimes that really wears on you. it's nice to have a reminder of what it would be like if we had to be apart so much, so thank you for that!

Sierra said...

I feel ya! My boyfriend lives 744 miles away in LA:( Not that I've counted or anything... He's totally worth it and we talk for hours on the phone. Had to change the phone plan so I won't go broke:/ Yay, for it almost being over for ya!!:)

Lauren said...

I'm sorry you have to do long distance! Just think though how awesome it's going to be for you guys in 7 months! :) Together all the time! I hope all your wedding planning is going well!

xo

Katie {katie lately} said...

I'm not a good 'alone' person either, I totally get it! I'm sorry sista :(

So excited about Makeover Monday though :) Whats the first category!?

Anonymous said...

I have never done long distance, but I can't imagine how hard it is! I've been reading your blog for a while and love your posts! You and your fiance are so cute!

Ashley
www.everydayaem.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...