Friday, September 23, 2011

Book Club Friday

"Cheeeers to the freakin' weekend...drank to that yeaaaa"

Ya I'm cheering.

And singing.

And shouting.

TGIF, baby.

I thought I'd link up with the lovely Heather for the first time eva on this Friday for some
BOOK CLUB action.



Something many of you probably don't know about me is that I love to read.
It de-stresses me.
Takes me away.
Puts me in a whole other world.
Makes my problems disappear while I'm reading.

However, during the school year I don't get to do it enough. I always think I should be reading a textbook
or doing homework, or something else productive. Ya, right...like that ever happened. But now that I'm student teaching I have a tad more time at night before I go to bed to read.

The last book I finished {maybe err two weeks ago} was The Hunger Games.

Julie, from PBFingers,  is the one who started this curiosity. She did a book review and said it was a must so I figured I'd try it. Then I tweeted how I wanted to read it badly on twitta and the oh so sweet Sierra said she would send me a copy of the book! So thank you both for the help!

Anyway.



Verdict: must read

Reading Time: 2 nights

Comments: I.could.not.put.it.down

It took me a chapter or two to get into but once it really got into the plot, I couldn't stop reading. The dynamics of the story are just unreal. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book wondering what in the world was going to happen next. I almost don't even want to read the rest of the series I liked it so much. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone really. It's not my typical kind of book but I got sucked right in and think you would too! It's at least worth a try :)

Any recommendations on books?

I am always needing new ones!

& maybe I'll start remembering to return my books to the library on time.

prolly not.

HAPPY FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY!!!!!





6 comments:

Victoria said...

all i hear are great reviews of this series! i have yet to read it though....

happy friday, Fall and reading!

super cute blog, by the way. hooray for the midwest :)

Heather said...

I hear such great things about this book!

And I'm the same way with reading- I love to disappear into someone else's story for a while. Thank you for linking up!

Ali said...

I absolutely LOVE reading!

I recently read all the books by Emily Giffin:

"Love The One You're With"
"Baby Proof"
"Heart of The Matter"
"Something Borrowed"
"Something Blue"

They are all sooo good and I would definitely recommend any of those!

-Ali

Anonymous said...

What a great link up! I'm definitely going to do this one soon! The Hunger Games is the next book no my shelf of books to read -- I'm waiting until I have the time to read it all the way through because I just know I will love it!

everydayaem.blogspot.com

Ashley

Janie said...

It really is an amazing series. The second book is my favorite of the trilogy but the last really disappointed me. It was a very sloppy ending. I am so excited for the movie!

I heard about it from Stephenie Meyer's website. She was recommending it to Twilight readers.

Marian said...

One of my most favorite series! I was absolutely addicted to them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...