Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wedding Wednesday {Saying YES to the DRESS}

If you read my blog a few days ago, you may have seen that I found MY DRESS for our wedding in August.



I had the honor of going with my momma the first three times I tried dresses on, and since my aunts were in town last weekend we decided to have them  come along and join us when we looked again. It was blast having them there with me {only missing one!} and was so glad they were there for such a special day!

 The first appointment I had on Saturday was at 10:15 AM at a place called Mia's.

I knew we could be in for some trouble when the girl didn't even help me get into the wedding gowns. Although I must say in the end it was a blessing that she hated her job that day and didn't help us at all. This was because since she didn't help me get into those dresses, my mom helped me instead. It was a really special moment to me and I am thankful we got to share that with each other.



However, their dresses were almost the same as the service. Slim pickings.

Needless to say we left that appointment and headed to my next appointment at 1:00 PM. This was after we had eaten lunch, picked up my other aunt, and somehow the GPS took up on a loopty loop.




Right when I walked in the door I had a good feeling. First of all, it was soo busy.
Bride to be's all around. I always know business is a good sign they have some good stuff to offer! 

Second off, it was extremely nice and everyone seemed excited and happy. {unlike our previous luck} Then a girl took us all back to our own private room that just so happened to be GINORMOUS and was absolutely gorgeous. The atmosphere was a 180. The gowns were a 180.



As we walked back to our room I caught a glimpse of dresses hanging on the wall and I just knew, knew knew knew that I would have some luck there. The girl working with us was extremely helping in getting all of the details I wanted in the dress, what type of wedding I was having, what type of personality I had, and so on. She wanted to make sure I got the perfect dress not only for my big day,  but most importantly that fit ME and my personality.

She brought me out 5 dress. 3 dresses that fit every detail I had given her I wanted in a dress.
They were gorgeous. I would have taken them all. 1 dress she called a "wild card".  And 1 she just wanted me to try on to see what I thought of it and just to say "I tried them all".



After trying the first 3 on I was really confused. I loved them all. Each of them were gorgeous. I could see myself walking down the isle in all of them actually. But I didn't get a "feeling"...or something. I didn't feel like it was the "wowza" factor I was looking for. By far the best ones I had tried on yet though.

I also had no idea if I would even be able to decide between the three.
There was no way. I loved them all the same, just in different ways.



That was.....
until I tried on "the wild card".

Which I must add that when she brought it out I just knew that I wouldn't like it. I probably looked at her like she was a crazy women. But I tried it on anyway. Plus, she was pretty stylish so I knew her pickings couldn't be TOO horribly bad.

So I tried it on.
Just to say I did.
Just to make her happy.
Just because.

And the wild card did it. It was not only everything I wanted in a dress, but it added a pop of pizazz that I loved. It was different. Unique. I knew no one else would have a dress like it.

Plus mostly importantly, I felt good in it.
Confident.
Pretty.



And what really did it for me was when I walked out and they all started crying. It was like some wave of emotion sneaked on into the room. All I had to really ask was "Is this the one?"  The one I walk down the isle to my husband to. 

& I cannot wait for him to see it!

Thank you mom, mostly importantly, for being there not only always, but throughout this process for me. Thank you for giving me support, dealing with me {ya this is a big one- ha}, and making these memories we will get to share forever. It wouldn't be the same without you and I wouldn't want to share it with anyone else.


p to the s ...all pictures were found {surprise, surprise} on pinterest...linked herre.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Stay tuned for a wedding dress picture in AUGUST of 2012!!!





12 comments:

Unknown said...

omg molly how amazing :) im posting about finding MY dress on Friday *considering i just bought the dress yest) ha. Im still swooning over it and had the same feeling you did - plus tears of joy from family members are so special! xo

Penny said...

I am the one very blessed to be able to go through this whole experience with you. I can't wait for you and Jeff to become husband and wife. You will most certainly be a beautiful bride.

ashleigh said...

i am so happy for you!
ahhhh so cant wait till that day comes for me!

cant wait to hear/see more!
august 12 is a while a way toooo see =[
maybe an email picture =]]]]]

Lindsay said...

Aw....That is so wonderful!! Congrats!!! My experience was so familiar. The place that I went to where I tried on 20 dresses was awful!!! No service at all! The one with tons of happy service I only needed 3 dresses before I found "the one"!

Congrats again!! xo

Raquel said...

Thats amazing! I"m so glad you found the dress of your dreams! I can't wait to see some pictures :)

Unknown said...

That's so exciting. Can't wait to see it!

Megan said...

Congrats on getting your dress. It makes the wedding feel so real. I had the same problem at Mia's. I was ready to leave before I even tried on a dress it was that bad. I ended up getting the first dress I tried on from Ida's, that place was AMAZING!

Amanda said...

I LOVEEEEEEEEE this post! I cannot wait to see the dress :) They way you wrote this made me so happy and excited for you!

Amanda C. said...

Yay I'm so excited for you. I had a very similar experience. The first place I went too was not very good. I ended up with a wild card dress too. It literally had everything I said I didn't want but it made me feel amazing.

Nikki said...

I am so glad you had such a great experience finding your dress! I never found "the one" which should have been a huge sign that the wedding wasn't supposed to happen. Enjoy every minute of the planning process.

heather said...

I found you from O. is me! I just read your engagement story too, how cute! I'm another August 2012 bride-to-be, so I look forward to continuing to read your blog (and see your dress)!

Unknown said...

I happened to come across your blog on, you guessed it...pinterest. Your post on finding your wedding dress made me smile. The SAME thing happened to me. The one that I thought I wanted ended up being out of my price range (and that is why you NEVER try one on out of your budget!!!). I mentioned that there was one I saw earlier that was ok. And when the woman found it, I almost didn't try it on. It looked too "blah". But it gave me the tinglies when I tried it on. Can't wait to see your photo's from the wedding! (Unless I just haven't come across them yet)
Alicia from:
http://acountry-galsdomesticjourney.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...