Wednesday, September 28, 2011

fashion help for engagment pictures

So in a few weeks Jeff & I are getting our engagment pictures taken.
 One of my best friends is taking our pictures & honestly I couldn't be more excited.

BUT.

I am in a bind of what in the world to wear!


via

I can't make decisions any other day, but throw in engagment picture and you have a girl stumped...
and stressed. Plus, the weather is so bipolar in Kansas I'm not really sure what to look for. I am "assuming" it will be around 60-70 degrees if not cooler.

via

Just gotta make sure I have all my bases covered.
I mean who wants to look like poo in their engagment pictures?

Not I!


via

Any suggestions on what would look best in pictures, or even picture ideas for that matter?
We are going to be taking pictures outside, at all of our "memorable" college locations, down town, and wherever mi amiga takes us!

via

I can hardly wait,  but need some advice to be looking all sorts of beautimous.
{yup.it's a word.}

:)


p.s. all photos via pinterest.
how do ya'll put the whole source in for pinterest?

 



9 comments:

Victoria said...

just choose something cute,comfy (since you will be taking lots of different kinds of photos in it...) and normal. don't get too crazy, pick something you would normally wear. casual and simple is the way to go, it isn't the wedding photos after all :)

Jennʻs Adventureʻs said...

All of my friends so far have picked multiple outfits for their engagement photos, so if you can't decide on one outfit -- narrow it down to maybe three?

Lyndsay said...

I love the outfit in the third picture....so cute! I'd suggest that you wear something you're comfortable in, and also something that is "you."

Unknown said...

Definitely make sure it's something you're comfortable in and like the way you look in. My friend tried out a whole new style for hers and you could just tell she was comfortable in all the photos.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

When I took my engagement pictures, I was going to choose more than one outfit, but I decided on one outfit, because we only had a certain amount of time. I chose a dress, cardigan, and wedges. My hubby wore a suit. We took our pictures at Keeneland, which is where they do horse racing.

On Pinterest, if you want to put something on your blog and source it... click on the pin you want to put on your blog and then embed. Copy the code and the picture and source will be on your blog.

Jennifer said...

When we did our engagement photos it ended up being the hottest day of the year. It was about 100 degrees in Central Park! Yes...not very comfortable. I wore a summery dress I got from Express with some cute sandals. I originally wanted to wear my red peep toes but decided against it due to the heat and walking.
I say go for something like the looks you posted. I really like those. Maybe bring flowers or something for a pop of color. This way the photog can do that black and white photo with the one color item! I love that.

Unknown said...

I'll give you the same advice my mother always gives me when we're having family pictures taken. Where long sleeves since pointy elbows are ugly (it's true! haha) and don't wear anything too trendy. You want a picture that's classic and that you'll still enjoy years from now!

Corinne said...

New to your blog!
I'm on the search for the same thing! We're taking our pictures at the end of October and I'm on the lookout for some outfits as well.
Oh and PS - I'm from central MO! We can be friendly rivalries, right? ;)

Sierra said...

I would wear what makes you feel comfortable and wear maybe a dress with boots or jeans with a cute top?! I know, not much help but I would wear what makes me look slim and something that has some color because I don't like photos being too drab, lol. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...