Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wedding Wednesday (dos)

Wow, crazy how a whole WEEK flies by.
I feel like my brain was all scattered talking about the wedding like... yesterday.
Or maybe because I was....
Just not to you guys.

TODAY.
I am going to actually do as I say and write about a topic.
Today is WEDDING LOCATION.
Ya, haven't even done that yet.
Whoops.
(I do have awhile though, we are in the clear.)
After May 22 don't worry I won't slack as much.
My brain is CONSUMED in school right now.

Anway,
Wedding Location
Whew.
A tough topic.
I have been back and forth, back and forth, back and forth on this one.
The choices:
1. My hometown
2. My current town where Jeff and I met.


I grew up Catholic and went to a Catholic School for 9 years.
Uniforms and all.
Best 9 years of my entire life. Hands down.
I went to church more in those 9 years than most people do in their lifetime.
No lie.
That church is a part of me.
That school is a part of me.
This is why I wouldn't want anything more than to get married in it.
To go before the Lord and show him this love I've found.
He'd be impressed I think :)


however

My current town has so many more options in regards to rehearsal dinner, wedding location, and receptions.
But...they cost you an arm, a leg, and maybe a head.
Well, maybe not but more than my hometown let's just say.
The ones that do compare, are pretty much the same type of thing.
Building. Bland. Not Outside.
Normal Reception type of dealio.
But when I think of where I want to marry Jeff, I think of my hometown church.
I have just always pictured myself there.
It just seems right.
Standing on the altar looking out
to all the ones I love the most.
Because let's be serious....
the only people I even care to be there are
the ones that support us, love us, and would do anything for us.

On this one I feel like I should just go with my gut.
I had never even questioned where I would get married.
That was always the answer.
Jeff isn't Catholic or from my hometown (he's from a town 40 minutes away).
So that is the only reason I have put somewhere else into my mind.
But I think when someone feels right, you should just go with it.
Make it happen.
Lucky for me, Jeff is flexible.
I am very thankful for that.

All Pictures Via

So the verdict for now is going to be HOME,
as you all know I love so very...very much.
Jeff and I both have a special connection to our small towns.
It may not be a "dream location"  per say but I think it will
work perfect for us.
Let's see if my mind changes by tomorrow.
It is good at that.

Yes, that is the church I am talking about!
Gorgeous isn't it?

Any thoughts?
What do you base your location on?
Or am I just thinking too damn much as usual?
Either way, I know it will be amazing.
=)

p.s this has nothing to do with anything but I had a PROUD NANNY moment yesterday.
My baby (okay 6 year old) boy can now ride his bike WITHOUT training wheels.
Yes, it was a long time coming
but the joy in his eyes spoke for themselves.
proud nanny. right here.
Also, Jillian is back to her normal giggly, ice loving, and stealing Molly's iphone self.
yippee.

Happy Hump Day!



7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I definitely think you should have it in your hometown. That church is gorgeous.
My husband and I decided on our location based mainly on price. Where we live is too expensive and the next county over was cheaper plus we found a restaurant we can have BOTH the ceremony and reception! Awesome.
Good luck in your planning.

Suze said...

church is gorgeous in your hometown, so sentimental and special to you!!!!! Glad J is feeling better AND baby beau is riding his cycle without training wheels, such a big moment hehe :)

choose to be happy blog said...

oh my goodness...that church is simply amazing!

Katie Mar said...

yayayayayy!! good choice! :)

Kyrstan said...

Love your blog! You are from Kansas I just left a comment on your guest post on Ocean Dreams! Visit my blog at chichomecouture.blogspot.com and my wedding website I think you'll love it www.divinetablescapedivas.com!

JMay said...

The church is beautiful. Excited for you :-)

Jyssica Lahey said...

You HAVE to get married in Parsons. I'm going back and reading all of your Wedding Wednesdays...Haha. Don't mind my creepy comments a few months after your posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...