Monday, February 28, 2011

Where's Molly?

She is FOUND! Yipee. I am back. But where have I been? Well...let me just show you.

Friday night I drove to my hometown and hung out in my mom's second grade classroom for the afternoon. I got a nice warm welcome by a little boy that came up to me and said, ,"Welcome to Garfield School, what is your favorite state? How old are you?" I asked how hold do you think I am? Answers included: 5, 60, 17, 27, 20, and 21. What a nice range, I prefer 5. Thanks kiddo. I got my hair did and then we ventured off to Wichita to stay the night  before Patrick's state music festival.



The night included a little bit of this.





A little bit of that.


And an insanely comfy bed.

We woke up to fresh start in the morning with a gym fix. I,of course, had temporary ADD and could not get a good workout in. Instead I switched machines like it was my job, and watched mom & dad get busy in the gym. I just need the face the facts I am not a morning person. That is a goal. I need an alarm clock that physical moves me out of bed. Ah, the invention is mine no challenge!

The concert was a-maz-innnng. I just cannot even fathom what it would be like to sound that good. Probably a good thing I can't imagine, because it won't happen in my lifetime. These were some very talented high school students.




Ya I have a 17 year old brother that is 10 ft. taller than me. Maybe that's why the students said I was 5?


After the concert we rushed to Applebees to watch our traditional KU game after the show. Then booked it home for Diane's 50th birthday surpise party. Surprised is an understatement.



What's a party without martini glass cookies? Not one. Exactly.

The weekend flew by and before I knew it it was Sunday. By then, we were all pooped. We had a relaxing Sunday with church, lunch with grandma and grandpa, and some re-lax-ation. Little did we know there was going to be a tornado warning that night. Which happened to occur after I had to turn around on my way home because I couldn't see because of the rain and wind. Craziness. The dogs were even ready to relax.



Okay, so Katie wanted an ice cream bar but it was cute nontheless. Look at those eyes.

I love spending time with family. I love going home. I love my small town. I just love the simple life. All that is missing is Jeff. 4 more days =)

That is the recap. I made a tortilla, chicken, black bean, and cheese pizza tonight but forgot to take pictures "/ tasty though, maybe I'll just have to make it again. Yes, I filled it with buffalo sauce. Thank you for asking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 12 - A picture of something you love

Yummy.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Molly, thanks for saying hi over at my blog today!! I always get SUPER excited when I "meet" other bloggers who love their family, KU, and teaching as much as I do! What a small world that my sister (as you might have gathered from today's post ;-)) goes to KU (as I did too) Are you originally from Wichita? I'm from Abilene if ya know it :-) I LOVE cupcake wine too! Can't wait to read more of your blog-- hope you're enjoying your day!

Molly S. said...

I am actually from Parsons, KS. KU had always been my dream school so I moved up here and am graduating in May. You are right it is a SMALL, tiny tiny world and that is funny you both went/go here! Nothing like it :). Thanks for commenting,have a wonderful day! And..

Rock Chalk =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...