Monday, February 21, 2011

Busy Bee

I know, I know. My post is really late. Mom, I have a feeling you are the only one that looked for it, so sorry :)

Today  has been quite the busy day!  I did my usually wake up too late, sprint out the door morning. I guess it's not getting better. I worked for a couple hours before I headed off for Eudora Elementary School. This school is BALLER. There are 700 students K-5 that attend. That is HUGE. I was giddy like a school girl (literally) when I walked in. It was only built two years ago, so you can only how spectacular it was. I fell in love with teaching once again when I hung out with those 4th graders. They were lively, fun, personable, excited, and WANTED us to be there. I then remembered why I wanted to be in education again. I remembered why I am going to put myself through the government trying to limit the most important thing this country needs. It was kids like them, teachers like that, and a school so supportive.  Thank you Eudora, you brought my fire back.

Somewhere in my busy day I was bored at work. Bored? Me? No way. So I searched the net for some cookbooks. Three for 8 bucks. Holla for a dolla! Okay, so shipping and handling cost me an arm and a leg I didn't know I'd have to give away, but hey, I have three cook books on the way! Then for some reason, I didn't think I bought enough. So I went to borders, who is going out of business here, and scored about 6 dolla cookbook for low fat meals. (It's on the bottom). Score. I am on a ROLL. Jeff got me the Pioneer Woman Cooks, I loved him even more after this gift.

Then all that food was making me huuuuuuuuuuungry. Rule #1: NEVER I repeat NEVER go to the store hungry. You will spend $55.00 included 10 dollars in savings (Ya, I like to save). Here are the goods. Don't laugh mom, I know you are.




Now I am laughing. I have never tried half the things I bought. I guess the healthy spree went a tad too far. Whoops. My wallet probably didn't appreciate it either. Ex: Crab, Greek Yogurt, Almond Milk, Chicken Breast in a can (weird), hummus, and brussel sprouts. I'll let you know how the unknowns turn out. You see that fresh bottle of buffalo sauce? I do. It had me from hello.

Dinner. I had to use my buffalo sauce so I baked some chicken and drizzled a little on top before I put it in the oven. I added some spices and let that baby bake. You know I'm on this healthy kick so I put it on some greens. Much needed greens in fact.




Now for some KANSAS BASKETBALL....

Hope you all had a great Monday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo Day 04 - A picture of your night

You.Homework.Bachelor.Basketball.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...