Monday, April 11, 2011

The Best Surprise EVER

Alright so as you know I seem to forget things easily.
Very easily.
After about 30 days... kapeesh. GONE.
My brain can only store so much knowledge you know.
And it is growing daily, about to burst.

Anyway,
I want to spend today to talk about a day in my life that was one of the best surprises..EVER.
{One of them}
This one was probably takes the cakerooni.

I wanted to share it with you today so I clearly do not forget it.
We don't want that. And my brain is only going to age, so why wait.
It happened about two years ago and the details are slipping away.
Waaaaah.
So, I am going to get it in here pronto before my brain knocks it out of wherever it is.
You can listen, or you don't have to.
It's whatever.
I'm going to tell it anyways :).

SO let's begin.
You see at one point in time I was 19 years old.
Stayed up until 3 most nights, naive, probably trying to be a rebble, and a lot of other things you do at 19.
Well as usual, I had my birthday on May 30.
Sorry I have to give you the details.
Remember, I forget them.
{I hope I can remember my birthday though. Fingers crossed}

ALRIGHTY.

For my 19th birthday I didn't really know what I wanted to do.
20 sucks.
Really, there is nothing cool about it.
It's just a TEASE before 21.
Jeff talked about going to the Royals baseball game and just enjoying life in the sun, eating seeds, probably some hot dogs, and of course nice cold BL.
I thought this sounded like a heck of a plan.
Where better than all of those things in the sweet summertime?
I talked to my parents and they had plans for the weekend so I was just going to stay in Lawrence and spend my birthday with my main squeeze.
I was a little upset I wouldn't get to see them all on my birthday,  but you can't help when you are busy!
Except I really couldn't picture a birthday without them.
That would be really weird now that I think about it.
Actually I might be mad. But I suppose that is not fair.
It was what it was.
This was actually  Jeff and I's first "birthday" together.
No idea what he was capable of.
Well, kinda because Valentines Day was pretty legit.

So I get to his house and he is ready to go,
cooler packed,
 shades on,
looking fine and we load up the car to go.
We get done packing up the car and he asks me to go get his GPS in his room.
Err? GPS.
Why do ya need that?
I said ok and headed back inside because I guess his poor legs were broke and couldn't go get it himself.
So I go back inside to get the GPS and open his bedroom door to find well....not exactly a GPS.
My jar dropped, my hands instantly flew to my face, and tears welled in my eyes.
All I remember is "SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!"
There they were....
all the people I love the very most.
All standing in front of me in Jeff's little bedroom screaming surprise.
For me.
Which scared the living poo out of me, btw.
Shock face was in full force.
"You really thought we wouldn't come see you on your birthday?"
Jeff had arranged for them all to come to go to the Royals game with us.
As a family.
Because he knows they make me the happinest in the world.
He knew there would be nothing more I wanted for my birthday.
{Expect for that beast of a Guess watch he also gave me that day}
He knew that I wanted to spend time with ALL of them on my birthday.
He knew me, so....well.
My parents had brought a cooler of beer, food to grill, and even a birthday cake.
 OH and how could I forget the birthday card of a disney princess that was singing to me. 
It was really somethin' special.
Jeff & I even got on the kiss cam at the game.
Funny though...Jeff got BOO'd.
I was like uhhh why are they booing us about to kiss? That's rude.
Royals fans really aren't fond of Yankee hats.
And I do not blame them one bit.
This story is greatly shortened for your convienance and loss of details but I can honestly say....
it was one of the best birthdays of my entire life.

I will never forget it.
Yes, maybe the little details.
But I will never forget the way it felt.
For someone I had only known for six months, to know me well enough to invite and organize for my WHOLE family to come up for my birthday.
Because he knew that family is #1 in my life.
I think that was the day I just knew.
Something just hit me out of nowhere.
That that boy was going to be by my side the rest of my life.
And I thank God every day for putting him in it. Through the good days and the bad.
Family. Over. Everything.
Now I'm crying.
KEWL. Koo-ul.Cool.
I think I'm just emotional these days.

HAPPY MONDAY.
xoxo

{Oh, and if any of you guys (Mom, Dad, Patrick, Jacob, Ashley, or Jeff remember more details about the day that I forgot or left out. Let me knowso I can change it. But thank you for spending that very special day with me:)) One for the books! Fo sho.}



For some reason I look high. Sorry. And Jacob's hat looked really weird on my head. What can ya do.




3 comments:

Suze said...

What a wonderful surprise! SO sweet! He knows you best definately and if you didnt know that definately solidified that answer hehe :) Have a great Monday!

Katie Mar said...

awesome surprise!
you lucky girl, you.
love the new layout!!!

JMay said...

Sooo cute you two!

http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...