Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day & Shine On!

Photobucket


YAY.
Happy Friday!

I am so glad to be introducing
I Shine Friday #2.
If you missed last week just click here to
see what all the hype is about.
I PROMISE you will not be disappointed.
And I don't promise for no darn reason, that's for sure.

This week's challenge was relating to Earth Day.
This week, our challenge is to GIVE BACK TO THE EARTH
what we've taken.
Which IS today if you did not know.
So....HAPPY EARTH DAY!



For Earth Day this week I decided to
do something I've wanted to do for awhile.
Start RECYCLING.
(I still think in my head how to spell recycle by singing the song off of Ren & Stimpy.)
"R.E.C.Y.C.L.E Recycle.
R.E.S.E.R.V.E Reserve.
Dont you P.O.L.L.U.T.E polute the air and environment or you will get....
what you deserve."
Ya. That is a song on Nickelodean.
I hope someone knows what I am talking
about or I will look like an idiot.
Or old.



We have two trash bins in our house so I decided
to dedicate one to recycling.
I really wanted to plant some flowers, but sadly our duplex
doesn't really allow for cool things like that.
My future house better be prepared :)



I think The Shine Project is amazing.
Simply amazing.
I also love the new direction it is going in.
I cannot wait to make a DIFFERENCE
in my community.
Anyone in Kansas?
Let's do this.
Seriously.
I want to change this crazy ol' world.
Who's with me?!


Here are some fun happenings for Thursday I feel I must add:


Yup.Love him.


How cute are they? Seriously I want to squeeze them all. Oh, and they were kind of embarrased I was taking pictures. Can you tell? Whoops.
 
GO REDS!


Love me some #7!
What are you looking most forward to this weekend?
Did you celebrate Earth Day?

I get to see J tonight for the first time in THREE weeks today.
I cannot wait.
Seriously.
Also, guest post tomorrow :)

I hope you have the happiest of Fridays!
Shine, baby!



9 comments:

Rissy said...

have so much fun with J first off.

secondly.. I love those granola bars I see in your recycling bin! (umm I just sang the song a little to figure that one out. oops!)

The Shine project is really truly amazing. I know ZERO other MD bloggers... so idk what to do?!?!

Oh and I wanted to go hiking this week to get my shine on, but today's my only day off and it's icky. So glad I could read your Shine! instead.

CarissaExplainsItAll

Ashley said...

Im obsessed with you. For real!

Kimberley said...

Girl--- your awesome! I just learned about the Shine Project and I think it amazing! I always recycle and I just got my parents to start doing it too-- I had to promise them that I would take it back to recylcying depot if they saved them, but its totally worth it!

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB!!! I just started recycling a year ago! I couldn't believe I'd been missing out for 24 years of my life of NOT DOING IT! SHINE ON GIRL!! Have an awesome weekend!

Abby said...

Aw have fun tonight! Great job with the recycling!

Unknown said...

love this girl :) great job with being earth friendly :) xo

Suze said...

That song from nickalodeon is cute, dont think i've heard it or if i did i forgot it! your lil baseball boy is absolutely adorable!!!!! Hope you have a blessed easter girl and with getting to see jeff :)

Meagan said...

I love your I Shine Fridays! I love her blog and really want to start participating! Have fun with your man tonight girl!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Way to go with the Shine Project! I recycle a ton at school because it's really convenient, we have recycling all over the place, at home I don't do as well though, but it's one of my goals for my family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...