Thursday, April 28, 2011

Theme Song + Awards

I have to share this.
You may not care, or even like country at ALL
but this song is the shiz. And it was made for ME.
Seriously.
Maybe Brad Paisley is secretly telling me he wanted/wants to
marry me?
Well, I DO Brad.
I DO.
:)

Old Alabama-Brad Paisley
She’d rather wear a pair of cut-off jeans than a fancy evening dress,
And with her windows rolled down and her hair all blown around, she’s a hot southern mess...
She’ll take a beer over white wine (okay but I LOVE LOVE red wine) and a campfire over candle light,
And when it comes to love, oh her idea of a romantic night...

Is listenin’ to old Alabama, drivin' through Tennessee...
A little Dixieland Delight at the Right Time of the Night,
And she can’t keep her hands off of me!

Now we’re rollin’ down an old back road,
I got the steering wheel in one hand...
We’ll find a hideaway where she and I can play,
In Mother Nature’s band...

Now we’re listenin’ to old Alabama, parked somewhere in Tennessee...
A little Dixieland Delight and It Feels So Right,
And It’s Love In The First Degree!
Forget about Sinatra or Coltrane, or some ol’ Righteous Brothers song,
And Barry White ain’t gonna work tonight, if you really wanna turn her on;
Play some back home come on music that comes from the heart,
Play something with lots of feeling, ‘cause that’s where music has to start.

Yup. I am obsessed with this song.

***

On a whole OTHER note (har har)
I have two blogga' awards to annouce.

1.) Stylish Blogger Award by Miss Amanda
2.) Versatile Blogger Award by Nicole

First off,
THANK YOU girls so much for showing my little blog some love.
I had never intended it to even get out in the public and I'm so glad
all of you wonderful followers have found me here at A Midwestern Touch.
It has been and continues to be a blessing.

Rules for Award #1- Stylish Blogger Award
1. Say seven things about yourself
2. Pass on to other bloggers
3. Contact them and let them know!

Rules for Award #2- Versatile Blogger Award
-Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post
          -Tell us seven things about yourself.
          -Award fifteen recently discovered new bloggers.

I am going to spare you some yawns and combine all 14 things about
myself into one. How about that?
K. Good. I was going to do it anyway.

7 THINGS ABOUT MOLLY
Uno- I love to count in Spanish for fun. Have you noticed?
Dos- I have really large/BIG dreams, but I still think it's possible to achieve them.
Tres- I really am going to change the world, watch me!
Cuatro- I am not scared of spiders but TERRIFIED of slugs. Ya, weird. Creepiest little shits alive.
Cinco-I miss playing sports to death. Those were the good ol' days. With that being said
I am obsessed with nicknames. I love them and like to give one to everyone.
(They relate because I had a lot of nickname playing sports. Doy)
Seis-I'm a firm believer in "the small things are what matter MOST in life". AND "The best things in life come FREE!" True dat. Life motto.
Sieta- I love to read. Absolutely love it. I fall deep deep into books. I even start to think I know the people in them. It's intense.
Ocho- I love high heels. A lot. I wish  I had more. But I'm frugal. Which leads me too....
Nueve- I am a cheapskate. I get sick to my stomach when I spend money.
I am a saver.
I really like my money to last.
And I am kind of scared for my future that I started watching Extreme Couponing.

TAG YOU'RE IT(For Stylish Blogger)

KATIE @ What Katie's Baking
MELISSA @ Write it in Lipstick

TAG YOU'RE IT (For Versatile Blogger)


 Yoga, Life, and Love
A Little Bit of That & That
Carissa Explains It All
Keeping up with Kelly & Co
Fit, Fierce, and Fabulous
Sundresses and Smiles
Books, Recipes, and Life...OH MY!
Walking on the Wild Side
Simply Girly
A Babbling Brunette
Just Sayin'
The Vintage Apple
Classy with a Side of Sassy
Adventures of Newlyweds..Life after I Do's
Craziness is Heaven

(I didn't give out all 15 from my last award, so some of these include the gals I gave it to last time. Sorry Charlie, I've been busy as a bee.)

The sun is SHINING, have a WONDERFUL DAY.
Happy Friday Eve!

xoxo


9 comments:

Emily said...

Hi there! New and enchanted follower!

I ADORE Brad Paisley! That song makes me choke up a bit every time. He is just so sweet and sentimental and down to earth. My friend actually met him once (so jealous!), and she said that he was even nicer than we would imagine if that is even possible. Le Sigh!

Jennifer said...

Thanks SO MUCH! I have gotten this award already, does that mean I re-do it?
http://booksrecipesandlifeohmy.blogspot.com/2010/06/award.html
That was my post. =) Thanks for reading!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Congrats on both the awards! I'm a bookworm too. What's your favorite book? :)

Haha and yes slugs = creeptastic. *shudders*

Raven said...

I loooooooove country! Yes please! and I force my son to count in spanish every time he wants a treat haha! I'm mean like that :) loved reading all the things about you! And glad to see I have another country lover!

Abby said...

These are great facts! I would love to hear your favorite books sometime as I am also an avid reader ;)
Can't wait to check out all the blogs you awarded!

Unknown said...

i love this song, and i love your blog, following you now :)

ashleyborysewich.blogspot.com

Katie Mar said...

aww!! molly thank you!! :)
made my day!!

Katie Mar said...

also, LOVED reading those things about you.

sheila @ Elements said...

I love that song too!!! And I love Alabama!! :) I think it's great that you dream big and that you intend to change the world! I'm sure you will! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...