Friday, April 15, 2011

I Shine Friday's

We got a lot going down in this post today.

Photobucket


Important things first.
What are "I Shine Friday's" you ask?
Well only the coolest things EVER.
No but really, listen up. Please?
;)

It all began with Ashley over at The Shine Project.
Which so happens to be my favorite blog....in the whole entire world.
Not is she only gorgeous, but she is changing the world one weekly challenge at a time!
Truly inspiring.
She continues to help me grow as a person daily, and I cannot think her enough for that.

"This is what The Shine Project is all about:
Going out of your comfort zone
to bring light to those who need hope.
The Shine Project emulates love, sacrifice, and
CHANGE. "
She has is selling Shine neckaces for $11 with $1 going towards the first ever Shine Project Scholarship award for an inner city school students college education.
(They are ADORABLE. I had to pick one of these beauts up!)
 "Every Monday a new challenge is posted that pushes us out of our comfort zone
so we can SHINE and sparkle and and just feel good!
Knock yourself out.
(not literally, please.)"
So this post is me completing her weekly challenge.
Her challenge for this week was to pick ANY challenge from the previous weeks.
I did a duo.
I decided to "create" & "spring cleaning".
I have been crazy busy lately with school coming to an end
and wanted to take some time to calm down, take a deep breath,
and create something.
What I chose to create came in the version of FOOD.
I decided to make Jessica's Crunchy Honey Chicken.
Mmmm Mmmm Gooooooood.
High recommended.
I chose this one because it was a little out of my comfort zone.
Honey? Eh. Soy Sauce? Eh Sugar Snap Peas? Eh.
I chose to venture away from my belowed b sauce.
I am very glad I did.
I made extra so I could take it to my co-worker tomorrow
to give her a little surprise lunch!

The second one I chose to do was "Spring Cleaing".
This challenge was "to donate clothes to a charity or a
person/family that could use them a lot more than we could!"
I chose to dig through my closet and find clothes that I could
give to a little girl that needed them more more than myself.
So many times I get caught up in keeping clothes because I have 
a hard time parting with them.
Or think "Maybe I'll wear that someday".
"Maybe it'll fit better next year."
Well not today.
I packed some things I found
in my closet to give to a girl back home
since I am going back this weekend.
I think she will appreciate and love them more than I ever did.
A couple of the goods.
These weekly challenges are so fun and truly do make a difference.
Try it!
It'll make your soul happy to see the smiles you create.
ALSO
If you haven't been to The Shine Project.
Youmustgonow.
You will love Ashley and all the good she is doing!
TGIF.
For real.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!
Home Sweet Home I Go! 







7 comments:

Kimberley said...

What an awesome idea, I am going to check her page out!

I would love to try this out :)

Ashley said...

i lovvve this!!! way to go sista!!!! Be sure to link it to my page... At the very end of my post you can do that... That way, other people can see it! xoxox

Suze said...

I love this too! So sweet your 'spring cleaning' giving clothes to girl who needs it more than you and made extra lunch for your coworker! so sweet! what a great project , making a difference! I love it!

Rachel Marie said...

This is so great! I am graduating from college in a few weeks so this weekend I am going through ALL of my clothes! I am so excited to do this. You are great missy!

http://missrachel-marie.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Aww I love The Shine Project! You are awesome! You've done such a great job with these challenges! I definitely have to start linking up!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Great Work!! The shine project is such an incredible idea! Have a great weekend!

tiff and jay. said...

I stumbled upon Ashley's blog from The Shine Project and just thought your blog was so cute and so I had to leave you a little not!! I love your header and all your tabs, you seems like such a sweet girl! I hope you are having fun wedding planning! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...