Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wedding Wednesday (Tres)

Hello and Happy Wednesday! :)
Thank you for all your kind and sweet comments
about the beautiful church last week.
It got me all sorts of EXCITED.
I actually got to see it this past weekend when I went
home and attended church for Palm Sunday.
Except I spent most of church trying to picture
what everything would look like.
Whoopsie.

Today is a toughy.
The venue for the reception.
A frustrating topic of many sorts for me right now.
I think I've actually mentioned it before.
Makes muh head hurt.

Anyway,
there is this ONE building where mostly
EVERYONE has their reception in.
Literally, 90% of the people who get
married in my hometown have their reception there.
Which  makes me not want to have it there.
Because I tend to not do things I'm suppose to I guess.

However, I am assuming it would be the most
practical, cheapest, and convienant.
I just never knew how hard it was to find a
outdoor/indoor reception place.

***
Here are a few of my "dream" reception venues:

Barn
I know what you must be thinking.
"Barn? Are you crazy girl!? Barns smell like
poo and look like crap."
You weren't thinking that?
However, there are some gorgeous gorgeous barns out there
that have so much character.
I want my reception to have exactly that
beauty and character.
I just love them.
A lot.
Pardon me.

Why aren't there any barns like this around here?

Ocean View
Breathtaking
Period.

via

Outdoor

 via
via
I have fallen in love with outdoor receptions lately.
I love how you can add your own unique, creative, and personal
touches that make it "you".
To me it just feels more free and fun.
Problem is mother nature.
If only it obeyed.

***

 
I'm just going to have to think of ways to
spice it up and make it reflect J and I.
:)

Do you all have ANY advice on how to make an "indoor"
reception look vintage and more outdoorsy without it
looking totally out of place?
I'm going to need some major help on this one folks.

And I couldn't find pictures of the venue. Sorry.
I almost took a bunch of random ones of myself.
You got lucky....only for today.

P.S. Any tips for wisdom teeth coming in?
I now can relate to many babies around the world.
This shiz hurts.

happy hump day!
(this post was being really stubborn so if
things are all messed up, blame the computer :))


11 comments:

Kimberley said...

I love the idea of an outside/inside reception!
When it comes to my wedding, I definitly dont want anything traditional, I want something unique!

haha and the barn idea actually sounds kinda fun to me ;) Im sure you will come up with something perfect :)

Jennifer said...

Yes, finding an indoor/outdoor venue is hard. I found one though. Ours was a restaurant that had a gazebo out back and a permanant tent too. So our wedding took place at the gazebo(even though it was chilly) and reception was in the tent. Have you thought about restaurants?

Rorie said...

I think all of those ideas are fabulous!!! WHen is your wedding!? Mine is April 21 of Next year. 1 year from tomorrow!!

Abby said...

I love the idea of a reception on a starry night. How wonderfully romantic ;)

Suze said...

i will be thinking about the venue and what you could do to make it exciting and reflect you and J! stay tuned!

wisdom teeth, i had mine cut out , but pray the pain goes away :( try tylenol to relieve the pain though!

Unknown said...

KANSAS! KU!! Hooray!! I live in Chicago now but I grew up in Wichita and lived in Lawrence for several years. I love meeting new peeps from KS! Congrats on your wedding, too! I vote for a barn reception I think not only is it fitting for a KS wedding, but there's a lot you can do to make it awesome. My friend (also from KS but lives inBrooklyn) got married at a farm in upstate NY and it was so incredible. Good luck with your planning!

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

I love the barn idea! Depending where it is, it doesn't have to smell like poo and all that. There is one that I'm considering and it looks beautiful and doesn't smell at all!!!

Bárbara said...

Great blog honey check mine at http://thanksgoshimawoman.blogspot.com/ go see and let me know what you think xoxo

Amanda C. said...

Outdoor receptions can be risky, but a tent is a good way to go. I also like the idea of making a commonly used venue your own.

I have a friend who used the towns civic center for her reception. They completely transformed it though, and I felt like I was outside. There were natural branches and big leafy plants, and greenery everywhere. It was beautiful.

Tiffany Carter said...

Hey Stranger!!! First of all, congratulations!! I can't believe that I didn't know you were engaged!!!! CRAZY!!!
I'll be getting married in PK too in Sept of 2012 and will be doing an outdoor wedding/reception. I'll be doing it at my aunt Karen's farm. I can definitely find out the name of the ranch for you...BUT there is this gorgous ranch that is just open pasture...they hold weddings there a lot. I've been to one there. They have a huge gazebo to get married under and plenty of space for seating and tents. I will see if I can find name and pictures. But...it's just a couple minutes outside of town :) Miss seeing you around!

liberal sprinkles said...

The barn idea is cool, I think lots of plants will help liven up an indoor location. Best of luck with your planning. I bloghopped my way here, hope you're having a great week!
Grace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...