Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Here's to YOU Blog World

I love you.
for seriously
From the bottom of my heart.
 you da bomb.com style.

Let me tell you a little secret.
I came into the blog world because I disconnected my facebook for three months.
(I had a blog before but...well not really. But kinda. Does that make sense? Ya it doesn't to me either.)
The moment Jeff and I got engaged  (Dec. 20-whoop whoop) we deactivated our accounts so people wouldn't find out through facebook of the big news, and we could tell them in person instead.
A few weeks went by and I was almost relieved without it.
A different person.
It was weird.
Way weird.
It is website for goodness sake.
So I didn't reactivate it until uhh...last week.
(Psssst. A Midwestern Touch is now on facebook ;))
Via

So I came into this world of blogging so I could still document my life and it's happenings. How to be healthy and happy, ya knooow.
I uh kind of fell in love.
Hard.
Mostly with the people who I never even thought I'd meet anyway.
I didn't even know this awesome world EXSISTED. Boy was I missing OUT!
I have never seen such positive support IN.MY.LIFE. and I've lived for quite some time.
Needless to say for the first half of it I didn't have a computer but whatever.
It makes me want to be a better person.
I can honestly say it makes me happy.
It may sound silly, but it is very true.
Especially because I never even expected it.
I just started doing this blog for me, to document things, to inspire myself.
Who woulda thunk it'd become something I fell in love with?
Not I.
cu-Razy
Via

Don't get my wrong I dig/dug facebook.
I use to be on it like 500 hours a day.
Probably not an exaggeration...except for the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day.
It consumed me.
Some days it determined my happiness.
There was so much negativity.
Yuck.
When I got facebook back I deleted (this is not exaggeration) over 500 people.
Did I know half of those people? No.
I felt bad pushing no though when they asked to be my friend.
But now? BOOM deleted.
"I pay no mind to the negative kind."
It is a great feeling to be surrounded by such happy thoughts and some truly amazing people.
It makes me believe once again that there really is good in this world.
I want to change this world.
I believe we can.
God is working through us all.
Via

I felt this needed to be said.
Because you guys rock my socks off.
Because I can now focus my energy into inspiring others, buildng postivity, and sharing experiences that make us all better people.
Good stuff friends, good stuff.

Thank Y'all for making me CHEESE.
I'm so glad I found this place/you guys.
=)



Happy TUESDAY to you!

P.S Going to start Wedding Wednesday's tomorrow.
Flippin' excited!



6 comments:

Bree said...

I had no idea what blogging was all about when I started, and I had no idea if I would even like it/keep up with it/what the heck I would write about. But I am so glad I've stuck with it, and made friends and have people give you encouragement etc given when needed! It's pretty awesome.

Abby said...

I know what you mean about facebook. The amount of time I spend on fb since I started my blog has vastly dwindled to about 5 minutes a day. I just enjoy reading other people's blogs so much more than random status updates. Blogs seem much more intentional than fb.

ajs {of MN} said...

i am in love with blogging as much as you are!

Suze said...

I'm with you on facebook girl , it can be a devil if you ask me because people dont use it for the right thing at times you know? Deactivating is so refreshing and oh my word I'm beyond blessed by our new friendship through bloggy land! you are such a sweet beautiful girl ! Have a good day today!!!!

Michelle said...

I love blogging too! It's awesome and so much better than Facebook!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

Amen to that I so agree about FB. I still have it but avoid it as much as possible. I deleted a few people as well because sometime the past should stay in the past- Adios High School friend.

Write it in Lipstick

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...