Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wedding Wednesday (Uno)

Holy Moly this post might be a little uh...scattered.
and overwhelming
so bear with me folks.
Especially because my mind is clearly in too many places at once.
Via
With school being absolutely insane right now, trying to figure out where I'll be teaching next year, and thinking about wedding planning makes my mind go a little...bonkers.
BUT. Hopefully these Wedding Wednesday's will help me sort out all my wedding stuff into one day so I don't have to overwhelm my poor little brain that can only hold so much information.



A little background information:
I am going to be honest.
I have barely planned a damn thing for my wedding.
Okay, I haven't planned anything.
I have been so overwhelmed I can't even wrap my head around it.
It's not that I'm not excited.
That is definitely not it.
I am so very very excited I get to be with my best friend forever.
I just get really really stressed out when I think of all the things I need to do.
Then it makes me not even continue the searh.
I have this weird anxiety thing.
Ya, well I am learning to take it one day at a time.
Our wedding isn't for another year and a half so I have time.
Lots of time.
But when I think of all the things needed, I FREAK.
And veer away. fastly.
I'm sure people around me are like are you crazy?
Well maybe,  but I don't like to be rushed.
I like to enjoy things.
So here I am, taking one day to enjoy things and share them with you.
Lord knows I can't make a decision so maybe y'all can help me :)
Also, it's always nice to have some input.

***
Today I would like to start with theme.
Holy mama there are too many.
I love so many.
See? this is where the overwhelming part comes IN.
Since I obviously suck at chosing, I just wanted to show some stunning weddings I adore.
I want my wedding to be three things: simple, fun, and unique.
Hey, at least I know that much.
I want it to show who Jeff & I are as a couple.
The shit, OBVIOUSLY.
Might as well have a dang toilet as our wedding cake.
Whoa.


I have looked at so many different wedding themes and what I just cannot keep clicking "like" on stumble upon are the ones with unique characteristics.
The ones you are like "OH MY GOSH I MUST DO THIS"
or
"HOLY SHIZ HOW DID THEY EVEN THINK OF THAT ?"
Those types of thoughts.

For some reason lately I have been feelin the "vintage" theme.
I have no idea why.
Maybe because they all are unique and gorgeous.
I am thinking the wedding would have to be outside for it to take place though.
Hmm.
No idea.
Here are some things I've found that made me smile.
I lied about this week having one certain "topic".
I'll pick a topic next week.
I am feeling scattered today.

Via
 (Actually doing these)
Bridesmaids if you see this...well act surprised :)

Via





Above Four Via
 I LOVE guestbooks that have a unique touch instead of just a signed little name. I think having a picture of all your guests would be AWESOME to have later in life. Also, I thought of the idea of snapping the picture and having the couple or familiy write their name on the bottom of the picture and a memory of Jeff, I, or both of us on the back. Sweet memories, nothing like em. Guitar? if you play...what a wonderful treasure to have after your wedding. Strumming on your supporters! Puzzle pieces? I've never even seen that before! I think it'd be cool if one side made a puzzle of the couple (an engagement picture) and the other side everyone's signed pieces.

Via


Why do I love these leg pictures? I have no idea. I just do. And I LOVE the sunflowers with the red dresses. Pure beauty and simplicity. Perfect.

Via

I want to have a "sweet shoppe". I think it is adorable when the bride and groom have one table of sweets, mini cupcakes, and little treats that make the wedding just a little bit more fun and colorful. Plus, who wouldn't want TREATS and SWEETS? I don't see any hands raised.


I've been LOVING the whole "First Letter" thing people have been doing lately.
I think it looks a.) awesome b.) modern c.) simple d.) FUN e.) awesome
I need to stop using the word awesome or I'm going to turn into a fourth grader.
Or maybe I am one?
Beats me.

So if ANYONE has ANYONE awesome ideas they want to throw my way I will pay you not be upset.
I cannot wait until next Wednesday :)



6 comments:

Suze said...

Girlie , I would be overwhelmed too and I'm sure you are not alone! I would start simple , the big things for date/place/time so that doesnt get booked up ! Theme wise, think of when you are getting married and if it is outside/inside wedding to coordinate with colors and things like that. Don't fret promise It will all get done! I will help as much as you like!

Abby said...

Wow, these are all amazing ideas/inspirations. If you choose even one of those your wedding will be awesome! I'm so excited to see how your plans progress. And I love how you chose three words-I think simple, fun and unique are how I want my wedding to be someday too!

Unknown said...

just came across your blog! so very cute! congrats on the future wedding! yay! :)

ajs {of MN} said...

i love the puzzle guests signing- very neat!
also... your three words are basically the same as what my hubby and i wanted for our wedding: we said relaxed, fun and different- we.... went with a destination wedding! i was SO stressed out thinking about all the details and this made it 9 hundres jillion times better... it the way to go FOR SURE in our opinion IF you are able to have everyone their that is important (i.e. family and BFFs) we had a GREAT turn out- Cabo in Feb we had 75 people!

here's the LAST link when blogging about our wedding day/vaca to cabo!
http://keepingupwiththesonneks.blogspot.com/2010/03/goodbye-cabo.html

and a link to our wedding day in cabo: http://keepingupwiththesonneks.blogspot.com/2010/03/our-wedding-day.html

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

take your time-- focus on finishing up school now and have fun with the wedding planning, don't let it add to the stress! and i love leg pictures too, and pictures from behind!

Ashley Slater said...

WELL girl, I feel you. I planned our wedding in under 6 months (AHHH!!!) but it turned out well. I wish I would have had more time to gather ideas like the ones you have found above. Those unique touches will make your wedding AWESOME.

I really love the red and sunflowers. I wanted to do the "vintage" and serve drinks in mason jars and get old wooden crates to set up favors on, etc.

I ended up making "eat me" and "drink me" tags for our mini cupcakes and champagne glasses-- I will get to those pictures soon on my blog so stay tuned! And in the mean time, BREATHE. Keep gathering ideas-- most likely once you look at everything you like the theme will be hidden among them and you will be one step closer.

You are gorgeous and you seem to have great taste so DONT SWEAT IT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...