Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wedding Wednesday (cuatro)

I am going to start having to look up my
Spanish words for these posts.
After ten I'm dunzo.

Anyway,
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!
In fact, happy wedding Wednesday.
The coolest day of the week.
(Thank you for all your help and tips last week on the venue!)

Good news about all of that commotion.
I have heard of TWO new places that have "potential" in the
reception category (outdoor/indoor). 
(Thanks Tiffany)
Whoop Whoop!
 I cannot wait to see them both.

Today I'm here with FLOWERS.
Mostly because I've become obsessed with flowers
lately with everything blooming and bursting with color.
Makes this gal smile.

Right when I got engaged I immediately knew
what I wanted as my wedding flowers.
Gerber Daisies.
Why?
Because they are so full of LIFE and COLOR.
They just scream happy to me.
If that were possible.
Anyway, to me they are perfect.




However, I am in a bind with
how many colors to use at the reception.
Because I don't want it to look "childish"  with
all the colors. I just want them to look
pretty, fun, and classy.




I also "considered" using sunflowers.
Because obviously I am obsessed with those as well.
Hints my header.
However, I think I should stick with my original
gut feeling I've had for the past three years.
Alright, I made three years up but it sounds like
a good time to start loving something.


I know this is a long time down the road.
But I can't start coordinating the rest of the colors for the reception
until I have the flowers down.

There are so many stinking decisions to make it's kind of cRazy.
And I am the worse decision maker EVER.
Which is why I am asking for your help.
;)

I hope you have a beautiful Wednesday!
Really, I do.



9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think the white gerbers will look elegant. You can even think of another flower to mix in with it to make the centerpiece more full. Something like roses or carnations. Or to keep it spring looking how about tulips? My centerpieces were light pink and white tulips. They looked very elegant and I am so glad I decided to use just the two colors instead of a bunch.

Suze said...

Girlie I'm glad you have some potential other options for receptions, kudos to Tiffany ha! Flowers are not my expertise :( but my moma used daisies , my sister used gerber daisies and she had a summer wedding and my other sister used lillies for her flowers. I've heard someone using silk flowers instead of real to cut down on costs too. But i'm not sure you want to go that route just throwing that out there oh and candles too for an option! Sorry not much help on this wedding wednesday :(

Kimberley said...

I absolutely love gerber daisies, they are my fav! My mom buys me a bunch of them every week in different colours, its always such a suprise :) Love that you are going with them!

I think you should stick with like two different colours -- your favourite! although that might me hard ;)

Abby said...

I understand about wanting to figure out the flowers before you can figure out the color scheme, etc. You want it all to flow together!! Daisies sound good to me ;)

Emily said...

ooooh love love love the flowers! you could totally put sunflowers in that too, they're still bright and beautiful. I'm living vicariously through you and Tiff and ya'lls planning right now. I'm obsessed with everything you've talked about. It's going to be beautiful!

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

I think the gerbers look great! I think you could do those and sunflowers together! Picking the flowers for my wedding is going to be hard because I don't know much about flowers! I know I want purple ones though, lol.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Gerber daisies are fun! And I think I'd stick to one or two colors!

Cara said...

omg i am in love with weddings and your header!!

Unknown said...

k I am loving your blog! its soo fun! newest follow-ie :) come check me out sometime too lady!

xoxo
Stephanie&Such

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...