Monday, April 18, 2011

Livin' for the weekend

A weekend at home is just what my little brain and body needed.


Not only did I get to spend time with some of the coolest people on the planet,
but I got to see my little brother go to his big jr.prom.

Who said they could grow up?
Wasn't me.
Look at the handsome feller though.
Must be related.
;)



I spent Friday hanging out with the crew
and doing absolutely nothing but relaxing.

Heaven. Perfection.

Something about being home just makes me slow down for a second, take a step back, and really just enjoy flipping life.
Spend time with the people I love the most.
Do nothing but enjoy each other's company.
Yup. I love it. Can I go back?
School won't mind.

Saturday I spend my day with my momma and her friend
getting a few things ready for someone's wedding shower.
It got me a little excited for whenever mine is to come.

Plus,
can you imagine all the cool awesome rad kitchen supplies you get
when you get married?
I will have every gizmo and gadget invented.
Only kidding.
Kind of.
But really, there is some bad ace stuff out there.
Bed, Bath, and Beyond better watch out
for my scanner.
=)

Then came church and prom walk-in.
I got to see my high school since it's been redone.
And WOWZERS. So that is why our school was under
construction the whole entire time I was in high school.
Glad SOMEBODY got a good looking school.

Then came PROJECT PROM.
Only the best part of prom.
The students get to play games, get prizes, and eat
until 4:00 a.m.
It's suppose to keep them out of trouble.
Because you know high school kids, all they
are is t.r.o.u.b.l.e.
Not me though, I was perfect.
Right, mom?

I was the designated prize girl/wonder around and pretend
like I'm in high school and play the games too girl.



Yup, I worked real hard.

I worked so hard I got a prize!
Okay, so maybe it was just the prize my brother won and there was nothing left to pick from so he got me this cute little peace bag.
Thanks brother, I owe you!
(Not $30 tho.)
Maybe gardettos and pepsi.


Even though by the end I was struggling hard core,
it was fun to spend the evening with my mom, dad, friend, and brother.
Brother isn't gonna be in high school forever!
Which makes me sad.
Waaah.
Please don't get old.

Now I am back to reality and ready to
kick this next months booty
and
GRADUATE.

Oh man, that will be a good day.

HAPPY MONDAY!
now go hug someone.
Monday's seem to be rough on people.

Actually will this make you smile?
Because it sure makes me smile.
(sorry mom and dad)


 
That is one reason why I love my mom and dad so stinking much.


XOXO

















9 comments:

Kimberley said...

My little brothers graduation was the weekend too! Ooh I like the name of Project Prom, it is better than "Safe grad" haha!

I miss my prom :(

Rissy said...

wow you voluntarily stayed up until 4am?! I worked until almost 2am and was up until 4... I kind of want to cry right now.

That's nice that you suffered through having an under construction high school so your brother could have a brand spankin new one ;)

Love the outfit from after prom!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Suze said...

Girl, what a fun weekend at home home! your brother is so handsome, adorable and stylish in those glasses too! You were lookin' good to be stayin up til 4am lady ha :) bed bath and beyond is one of my fav stores , so many gadgets, i can only imagine what would happen if i had a gun to scan stuff for my list on a registry of what i want when im gettting married haha! I highly doubt you were trouble in high school too ;) have a great monday girl

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

sounds like a fun weekend! i bet it was so cool to help at the after prom party- probably brought back some great memories!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! This is all awesome!! Your brother was so cute at his prom! Looks like a lot of fun!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

How cute are those prom photos?! Is that your lil bro in the first photo? He's adorbs!

Oh lordy, I remember prom like it was yesterday. :P

That's really sweet you helped out with the after prom. I'm glad you all had fun!

I'm also glad you had a very relaxing weekned at home. Your parents are hilarious and so cute in that photo!

Amanda C. said...

That sound like an awesome weekend. It's nice to take time and enjoy life. Hope your week goes just as well.

Rorie said...

New follower!! Looove your blog!
Feel free to check me out: http://imperfectobsession.blogspot.com/

beau&lindee said...

i am totally w/ you on going home for a weekend to just refresh!
its the best!
also,
i love your blog:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...