Friday, April 29, 2011

Shine ON (Tres)

It's Friday night...and I jus jus jus jus just got paid.
Money Money Money.
(NSYNC whats up?!)
I'm sure this is going to be another moment
when you have no idea what I am talking about.
Sigh.


anywho
TGIF!
I have been waiting for this day since...well Monday.
I love Friday's because I can  get my SHINE ON.
And as you've heard me say before I'm a little obsessed with The Shine Project.
And by a little I mean a lot.


Photobucket


This weeks challenge:
START BRAINSTORMING IDEAS FOR A SHINE SERVICE PROJECT.

This challenge made me giddy. Mostly because I have been planning what I am going
to be talking about for 6 months now.
Well, at least in my head planning.
I guess I made a facebook page too, but that's it.
And I only told one person......so ya doesn't really count.
So I am more than happy that this was this week's SHINE challenge.


My Goal in LIFE: To Start a Non-Profit Organization (AKA Change peoples lives).
(Besides having a large, wonderful healthy family.)
One way I thought of doing this was having a "Cookies for a Cause" Event.
Or something to that effect.
During Christmas time this year something hit me pretty hard.
I took a look around.
I stopped for a brief moment and just took it all in.
Christmas.
Love.Joy.Happiness.
People who act like the grinch become angels.
It is a magical time.
It really truly is.
Then I realized, not everyone has the same experience I do around that time of the year.
Some kids don't even get to experience Christmas like you (general term here) and I.
Some kids aren't blessed to wake up to presents, cookies half eaten from santa, and
a tree full of colorful and bright glowing ornaments.
That breaks my heart.
So, I want to start something that allows for children
that may not get some of these privileges at home to
be able to experience such magic.

Cookies for a Cause
Name subject to change.

GOAL:  Give students an experience that they will never forget.
I want to have one day where kids can come in and decorate cookies, make ornaments, read holiday books, play games, make presents for their family members, and listen to christmas music all day.

Every year my familiy holds a cookie contest. It gets intense. People even started making their OWN cookie cutters. (Okay my brother and his wife are engineers and are creative like that).
But it is really something I ALWAYS look forward to about the season.
I love traditions.
I love buying gifts.
I love watching my family open their gifts.
I love it all.
I just love the happiness that is in the air.

I may not have down all the details yet, but I want to make this an annual event.
An event kids look forward to, just like I look forward to my holiday traditions.
I want it to be a day they will remember, a day that holds a special place in
their heart.
I want them to have zero worries for one whole day.
Nothing to think about but being happy.

I cannot wait to start the process.
Any ideas, suggestions, and help
are welcome.
=)


Swimming with the fish today.
Wanna join?


**Pray for Alabama**

Happy FRIDAY
&
Happy Royal Wedding!



9 comments:

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

Isn't that Nsync that sings that song? Lol
Cookies for a Cause sounds like a great idea!!!!

Emily said...

ooooh i love that idea!! As much as I love teaching, I think my heart is leaning towards doing something more along these lines instead now. We'll see what happens in the future, I suppose. But Cookies for a Cause would be a great thing for you! You'd get my support!

Abby said...

What a wonderful idea! I love your passion for this, I am all about cookies during the holidays as well, and I'm sure kids would love this!

Unknown said...

Awesome idea. Your enthusiasm is contagious!

Ashley Romney said...

Cute idea!! That sounds so wonderful and would really benefit others! Way to be selfless!! :)

Janet said...

Molly,

This sounds fantastic! You will change the world one person at a time! There are so many, many kids in need. I love "Cookies for a Cause!" We are so blest in our family with its rich and crazy traditions. The last Christmas cookie contest with grandma still makes me smile. I have the last photo of it on my fireplace. The key to creating a better world for our children is someone like you who has the passion, the courage, the heart, the belief and the patience to create the change in the world. I am supporting your Shine On project and can help you get started. I have another person who can help you also. I believe in you Ms Molly! Your energy makes me believe in the goodness of humanity!

Love you,

Janet

Bren's Life said...

Creative idea... That's whats great when you come up with your own idea to give... You feel so good about it & have so much passion.. Christmas is a great time to give.. And who doesn't love cookies...

Unknown said...

This is a great idea! You should totally follow through. You are making a difference :)

Sierra said...

I love this! This is a wonderful way to brighten childrens' and others' lives! I love how selfless you are girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...