Friday, April 8, 2011

Sometimes you just gotta say "Hmmmm?"


Don't blame me if that song is in your head all day.
"It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend"

True dat Rebecca Black!

It's Friday.
It's random.
And going nowhere.
Rainy days to it to me.
Can't help myself.



I'm gonna talk about dreams.
Speaking of dreams, they are crazy.
Where do they come from?
I think I learned this in high school.
I am almost scared to know why the brain picks the events it does to play out in my head at night.
I heard you dream about what you think about before you go to bed.
I do not believe this. At all. False. Nope. Incorrect.
Have you ever had a dream where you had to relive something?
Go through the emotionally roller coaster of remember something you try so hard to forget?
Wake up and know you are going to think about it all day?
Pissed at your brain for actually remembering a dream.
Ya, well it happened to me and then I didn't even wanna get out of bed.
Then I remember.
Can't change the past Molly, gotta look forward.
Keep on, Keeping on.


Doubles thumbs up for having a good Friday. Whoot Whoot.

I also had a few moments yesterday that I wanted to talk about.
You know those moments when you just feel like something in you changed?
You, for that second, became a better person.
Happened to me.
I have always tried to live by the saying "Never judge a book by it's cover."
Sometimes it's hard.
It's hard to see past first impressions and outer apperances.
Sometimes it just is.
I wish I could say I have never done it, but I have and am not proud of it. At all.
But yesterday, something changed.
Weird.
I realized...once again...that even though someone may act a certain way on the outside, there are so many external factors playing a role on their actions that haze over who they really are.
Especially students in a classroom, but that isn't what I'm talking about.
Not to name any names, but I have a teacher.
haha. nice sentence right.
Well I have a teacher this semester that I cannot stand.
Plain and simple she drives me and the rest of my class up a tree, mountain, wall, and cliff.
She has to control every little situation and treat us like we are like uh....2. Maybe 1. Depends on the day.
I had a meeting with her yesterday.
She was a different person.
Helpful, kind, talked to me like I was in COLLEGE. Imagine that.
We talked about biases.
We all have them.
But then I noticed/discovered her husband has been deployed and will be gone for another 8 months.
I thought to myself if maybe this was why she felt she had to control all situations, because she can't isn't even allowed to control when she gets to see her own husband.
It makes me sad to think about.
I can't even imagine.
It makes you think really really hard about the way you look at people.
Maybe you really don't know the whole story.
There is usually something more, something deeper, that just hasn't been told or discovered.
Like another teacher has said before, "Behaviors give us a clue about a story untold."
Interesting.
So for today and hopefully the rest of my days I will concentrate on seeing the person who is behind the untold stories, sorries, fears and start seeing the person behind the scenes, the love, good, and beautiful person they really are.
This won't be an easy road and I'm sure there will be some days that I get caught up in it, but I'm hoping I will be able to slowly change these outlooks and perceptions I may have.
I probably lost you after Friday anyway because you probably ran to the club, got a beer, and were jamming in the backseat because that video got you so pumped.
I understand completely.

Since it is Friday,
I think I'm going to go ride rollercoasters.
Happy Friday, Friday.


 bahah I got to work early and decided to have a little fun :)





6 comments:

Unknown said...

molly your posts always makes me smile :) thanks so much for this! xo

Yvonne said...

Valid point on not judging others. I do it more than I should, I'm sure. PS sweet ride!

Michelle said...

haha you are so much fun! love the pictures of you! Are they taken on MAC photo booth?

Michelle said...

PS love the new changes to the header :)

Rissy said...

hahaha I can't believe that as much as I use photobooth for pics, I've never put myself on a roller coaster. Need to try that.

I feel REALLY bad for judging people on first impressions.. because I do it a lot... and then end up feeling like a big butt.

That song is absurd in an almost pleasant kind of way.

And yes I have those dreams sometimes... I've woken up with tears actually on my face before... if you saw my post for today you probably know why : (

ok that was depressing! happy weekend!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Megan said...

You are so adorable!! I love the roller coaster pictures! It's so neat that you had such a great meeting with your teacher. We all are guilty of judging people, but it's SO nice when our judgments are proven wrong.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...