Friday, February 4, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti

Something about buffalo sauce just makes my heart warm. And smile. And jump for joy.


And it's quite odd because I dislike the color orange and am not the biggest fan of spicy things. These do not stop my love though. Oh, the things you do for love.

Then you add chicken. And spaghetti. Then I just wanna fall over and die...of happiness. Jeff & I were trying to figure out how to incorporate some buffalo sauce in a meal and thought of a pasta that a friend Rebecca made, but we weren't exactly sure on the ingredients and didn't want to mess anything up...too bad at least. So, we decided to stick with something we knew and knew would be good, especially with the addition of buffalo sauce. Plus, Jeff had been shoveling LOTS of snow so he was a hungry man so I had to think fast.

This was ALL covered. Holy snow drift.


Now you see why I was scurrying with the meal. He was sweaty. He was tired. He had no gloves. I felt awful. I did not however, ask him to do this. He was feeling extra sweet I guess. Plus he said it "wasn't even that cold". It was like 10 degrees folks. So then he came in and enjoyed some homemade tortilla chips, and the heaven on earth buffalo chicken spaghetti. Delicious. Spicy. Spaghetti-y (whatever). All we needed was wine. We agreed we should stop having a bottle a night though, that was only for snow days.


 Ignore the cookbook. I forgot to take it out of the picture. Whoopsy.

Ingredients:

5 chicken tenders (or more; can also use breasts)
Scallions
Pasta (whole wheat)
1/4 cup buffalo sauce; more if needed
1 teaspoon of red pepper
8 oz spaghetti sauce

Directions:

1. Cut up chicken into small chunks and place in skillet
2. Place buffalo sauce in skillet, continue to cook until chicken is done. Do this for about 25 minutes so the buffalo sauce can soak into the chicken. Yum Yum Yum
3. Boil pasta in a med. size pan
4. Place spaghetti sauce in a sauce pan, heat until warm. Put in red pepper, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Put the pasta on your plate, top with chicken, then spaghetti sauce.  Sprinkly scallions over the meal. Pure. Delight.
6. Finger lickin' good. Try it.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

MMm... that sounds so good! Definitely a recipe I'm going to add to my collection and must make list! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...