Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Lot-o-Cheese Pizza

Hi. I'm Molly. I am addicted to buffalo sauce. It's so yummy.  I like to dip my finger in the bottle to have little tastes. This is kinda creepy so I'll stop and show you what I made with it. Excuse the pictures, blame Jeff for going home and taking his nice camera :) Love ya Jeff. But here are some "not go good" images of my Buffalo Chicken Pizza with a twist from Jessica.

First of all, I didn't make my own crust. I didn't have the time, or the patience for that matter. Instead, I bought a whole wheat Boboli pizza crust from Dillons. The crust is pretty thin, which made it a winner in my mind. Thinner crust, less fat...right?



First I cut up my chicken breast and placed them in a skillet. As the chicken began to cook I added about 1/4 a cup of buffalo sauce, 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce original, and a dazzle of ranch for fun. I actually thought this turned out some very tasty chicken.  Jessica's recipe just called for grilled chicken, but I'm bad at following directions so I did my own thing. I'm glad I did because I enjoyed the bbq, buffalo, and ranch mixture.




I guess the only thing I kept the same was the sauce and cheese :). I will let you in on a little secret. Shhhh. I put more buffalo sauce than the recipe called for, but hey maybe that's just me. A little more never hurts, right?

Next time I might switch it up and just forget the bleu cheese and just combine fat free ranch and buffalo sauce. Either way, it was a mouth full of deliciousness. So delicious I stopped eating so I could save it for lunch tomorrow....and so I wouldn't eat a whole pizza.



I promse it looked much better than that. Please just picture this...

Via Jessica

and this...


Via Jessica

So if were you. I would scurry to get a pen and paper and write this down. Good thing about this recipe is that you can change it in so many ways and it still be delicious. The possibilies are endless. My kinda food.

Oh and in case you were wondering....Greek yogurt taste testing is happening tomorrow, prepare yourself.

Ingredients:

1 package of Bobolo whole wheat pizza crust
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (I used a little more)
1/4 cup bleu cheese dressing
1/4 cup ranch dressing
10 ounces chicken, shredded (or one chicken breast, chopped)
1 cup shredded, smoked cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 BBQ sauce

Directions:

1.) Preheat the oven to 450
2.) In a bowl, mix buffalo wing sauce, bleu cheese and ranch.  Spead over dough as a sauce.
3.) Top with 1/2 cup eah of cheedar and jack cheeses.
4.) For chicken, chop one chicken breast and place in skillet. As chicken is cooking, mix in 1/4 cup BBQ, 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, and a teaspoon of ranch (more if you would like).
5.) Add chicken on top, then remaining cheeses including parmesan.
6.) Bake 8-10 min.
7.) Eat. Go go go go.

Happy Hump Day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...