Thursday, February 24, 2011

Proud Sista

Listen to this. I woke up at 8:35. I had to be at class at 9:30. I showered, got my school stuff together, and had TIME to make some eggs for breakfast. And the Gods are singing. It was weird to feel relaxed and could take my time getting ready. Actually, it was so weird I will try it again tomorrow. Booya.

Today is the week mark of Jeff leaving me for the cold and dreary weather up north. It has been a really odd week consisting of no one to cook for, no one to go out to dinner with, no one to watch Criminal Minds with, and no one to wake up to. I have been crazy busy so it's been fine, but his presence is definitely missed in my household. At least by me it's missed. :)

On another note of someone I care about, this post is dedicated to my little brother, Patrick. P-Tree. Patty. ( I have awesome brother too, but that's for another day) Patrick is hands down one of the most amazing, creative, and caring people I've ever came into contact with in my life. Okay, I must admit, I was not exactly always the nicest to Patrick when he was little. It hurts me to say but I would ask him to get me a drink and tell him I was going to run away if he didn't. Sometimes he did it. Sometimes he didn't. When he didn't do it I would walk out the door and walk around the block, making him think I ran away. This was so awful. Really, who is that awful? I guess I was thirsty and a lazy bum. Or mean. Or all of the above. Sorry, Patrick I wish I could take it back. However, I feel like I was close enough to you that you won't hold it against me for life :). Anyway, this kid is one of a kind. He has the biggest heart, the best voice, an exceptional friend, and he is an amazing brother. I look up to him. A lot. I know me being older, it should be opposite, but he teaches me all the time to stop trying to impress others and just be myself. Do what makes me happy. Shoot for my dreams. Enjoy every single day.Smile. He truly shines, inside and out. I wish I could be more like Patrick. I wish I could be myself at all times no matter what anyone else thinks. I wish I could talk to anyone and be able to carry on a conversation for hours. I wish I was as brave. I wish I was as adventerous. I wish he knew how much I truly care about him and how great it is to have him as my brother. I just can't explain enough how incredibly proud I am of him. I hope our relationship never changes, because I don't know what I'd do without him. He really is an inspiration. I love him very much. Except when he tried to argue with his older sister. Humph. How old does he think he is? 17? Psh.

That isn't the reason I wrote this though. I just wanted to congratulate him for going to State Festival Choir.  His voice is phenomenal. He can sing me under the table. Besides the fact that I'm an awful singer, he really is awesome. He is singing at my wedding, that's how awesome he is. This weekend I get to go to Wichita, KS to watch him sing his little heart out. His is picked out of hundreds and hundreds of other students in order to make it to State. He is the bomb.com.  I just wanted a shout out to my singing brother who is about to rock the stage in Wichita. Good luck brother, you will shine!

This weekend will be spend in Wichita and my home town. I can only imagine the fun things we will get in to. Oh, and for dinner I think I am going to have another wrap. I have been craving once since I ate my last one. This could be an issue. Watch out for my workout schedule! I am ready to pump.it.up.

Here's to you brotha, I've loved watching you grow.




XOXO

MJ

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...