Thursday, February 3, 2011

Planner Pants

Hello, my name is Molly and I am really bad at planning. Awful. I really just like to go with the flow. Everytime I "plan" something it usually doesnt work out, so why plan? But we all know Valentines Day is rounding the ol' corner, and peeking it's little head out taughting me to start planning something. So I'll give in to looking, and hopfully it leads to a real plan.

I am lucky enough to have a fiance who is especially good at surprises, gift giving, and making occasions really special because is a PLANNER PANTS. I used to think I was really creative and good at all that until I met him. Can't really complain about that one though. Planning starts today. Planning starts now.

I wanted to show you a few old ideas we've done and a few new creative ones I've found.

First V-Day: Our first Valentines Day I went a bit silly. Whoops. I thought I had to spend a ridiculous amount of money. I thought I needed to really hook him. I thought simply..WAY too much. The first part of my idea I thought was quite spendid. Starting the first day of the week leading up to Valentines Day I would stick little notes on his car that I had decorated out of scrapbook paper and other supplies.  Each day was a different song, poem, note, etc. On Valentine's Day I had bought a variety of gifts and put them in a large red bag.  These gifts included candy, new shoes, massage gift card, and other items that I could write things like "you are so sweet", "you are so comfy", "you make me feel relaxed" on them and be really cheeeesy. Ya, overboard on the gifts I know. I thought mine was all cool and creative until he showed up.

Jeff's Idea: This makes me smile. The day before Valentines Day we went and ate ice cream. Normal. Jeff loves ice cream. So as we were going back to his place, he missed our turn and we ended up on campus. Jeff missed his turn on purpose. He drove to a spot on top of campus overlooking Potter's Lake which is our little lake pond on campus. Gorgeous. He stopped and we looked at the gorgeous lake as it was night and glowing. He gave me a homemade card (yes he made the card and it was pink and red and EVERYTHING). It was perfect. He even made the envelope it came in. I'll put the pictures up when I can. So I open this adorable little card and it has a gift card to Beauty Brands for a spa treatment (mani, pedi, and facial). He gave it to me a day early so I didn't plan anything the next morning so I could get all of this done. On the left side of the card it had a song. The song was "You had me from hello" by Brad Paisley. =)  To make things even better, we still had Valentines Day the next day! The next day he gave me two CD's of songs that made him think of me, some we had together, and some that told how he felt. Great idea. After all that I got all fancied up and we went to eat at Plaza 3 in the city. As dinner was nearing an end Jeff said he had to use the restroom. Normal, right? Well he came back with ANOTHER homemade pink awesome card. On the outside it said "You are amaze-ing" with a maze drawn on the front. Inside he whispered some sweet nothings and I began to cry in the restaurant. Classy. At the bottom of his notes he usually just signs Jeff. But this one he signed it as I love you, Jeff. The first written I love you there was. This takes the cake for me on favorite Valentines Day. It was so thoughtful, personal, and sweet.

Now that I've long winded myself. How about some ideas?

1.) FOOD




“The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.”

2.) Homemade Crafts


www.designspongeonline.com

 Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com

Perfect. It adds a personal spin to your gift and it comes from the heart.

3.) Activities


Go somewhere that means something to both of you.
Have fun.
Get a massage together.
Go to your favorite hang out.
Get away for the day and rent a cabin.
Enjoy each other's company with a bottle of wine and some board games.
Just do something that brings you closer and gives you time to truly enjoy one another because really, that's what Valentine's Day is about. Not the money. The time spent together, no matter what you may be doing.


I actually thought up my 2011 Valentines Day gift already. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...