Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Good Ol' Days

This weekend reminded me of the good ol' days. Just simple and fun. I don't want it to end. Please, Monday please do not come. Okay I guess you can come because it is V-Day & KU vs KSTATE game, but otherwise, you are not wanted in my house. Especially when my family is in town. They are the peanut butter to my chocolate. WAIT. No. They are the buffalo to my chicken. Oh, yes. Perfect.

Anyway

My parents came up this weekend to watch some KU basketball and enjoy the weekend in Lawrence.  They got here late evening on Friday so we just hung out and they watched me work on my Valentines stuff for J. We talked and smiled and debated who was going to sleep on our uncomfy couch. It's nice to have such a good time just hanging out and talking. I likey.

Camera died. No charger found. No pictures. No likey. I did manage to shoot a pic of my new purchases though. Oh, and they were free. Yippee. Thanks momma. Also, thanks to momma for my new valentines day clothes. Camera was done for, sorry no pictures :( We are on the hunt.


Score. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner baby. Stylin' and profilin'.

Saturday we had a nice little breakfast at the hop. We did a little afternoon shopping and then my parents headed to watch KU whoop up on some Cyclones.  While they were at the game I hung out with Jeffro and then headed to my favorite (one of my favorite ) little girls birthday.

I attended miss Jillian's 2nd Birthday party. I have been nannying her since she was born and I love her to pieces. My mom bought her an adorable stroller, and I got her a little pink KU t-shirt that says "Someone at KU loves me." Yup, they do..It's ME. She LOVED the strolled, and simply threw my shirt to the side. Good job on the gift mom :).


My iphone says sorry for the crappy picture quality.

We all met up after the game for some brews and food. I think my parents should move here and we can do this every weekend. Will you convince them? OR just to move with me wherever I go.  Please?They really are the best. This is no joke. We even kept the party going after the bar & grill by grabbing a couple of wines and had a little game night like the good ol'days. Clue? oh ya. Skipbo? you betcha. So fun. I lost but hey it was a pratice round..right?

We ended the weekend with church, Jason's Deli, and a little more shoppin. Mom get some very cute gerber daisies to try out for the wedding reception. Another winner!



They are gone and I already miss them.

The joys of family.

Valentines of the Day:


@ TidyMom

The Cupcakes
yields 24 cupcakes
Ingredients
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 1/2 cup melted butter (butter not margarine)
  • 1 cup water
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Mix on low until blended, then mix on high for 2 mins.
  3. Pour into paper lined cupcake pans. Bake for 20 min.
  4. Cool completely.
  5. For the filling(recipe below), use a paring knife to cut a cone-shaped piece (around 3/4  inch deep) from the center of each cupcake. Spoon 3-4 teaspoons warm filling into each hollowed out cupcake.  Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the filling (I used Kosher salt).
  6. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip (I used a 1M) with frosting. Pipe Dark Chocolate frosting (recipe below)on each cupcake and garnish with a pinch of sea salt (again, I used Kosher Salt).  Store at room temperature in airtight container, do not refrigerate. (I put mine in the cool basement).

Salted Caramel Filling
yield approximately 2 cups
**NOTE: you will NEED a candy thermometer for this step
Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, preferably fleur de sel (I used about 1tsp Kosher Salt)
Directions
  1. Heat sugar with the water and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan over high, swirling occasionally until syrup is clear.  Stop stirring and attach a candy thermometer to side of pan.
  2. Cook until syrup comes to a boil, washing down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush as needed.
  3. Boil, gently swirling pan occasionally until mixture is caramelized and just reaches 360F
  4. Remove from heat, and slowly and CAUTIOUSLY pour in cream. The mixture will spatter. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in sea salt.
  5. Use immediately. If the caramel begins to harden, reheat gently until it is pourable again.
Thanks TidyMom!


Happy Sunday.
=)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...