Saturday, February 5, 2011

Crispy Asian Salad

Sometimes I have a hard time branching out. At times I get stuck in my ways and it something seems a bit scary, I tend to stay away from it. I am getting older, so I figured I should stop being a baby. For now.


Last night Jeff & I went to a restaurant, Ingredient, after a good sweaty work out.  I'd never been and boy I had been missing out.  The menu was full of fresh foods and everything looked amazing. Since I'd never been I didn't know what to get. I get overwhelmed with decisions so I asked Jeff for his opinion. He suggested the Cripsy Asian Salad. I got scared. I debated just getting a gourmet pizza. I put on my big girl pants, and ventured out into the unknowns of salad world.




Ingredients included: thai-chili glazed steak, napa cabbage, bok choy, glass noodles, edamame, crispred peppers, snow peas, carrots, and spicy cashews spun in our sesame ginger dressing and topped with crispy wonton strips. See why my "I just like greens, carrots, eggs, cheese, and chicken in my salad" self was a bit scurred. I maned up. I tasted the first bite. I smiled. Yummy in my tummy. Especially with the bread (which I also have an obsession for).

 I liked it so much....I ate it again today! Because I ate all the steak last night in the salad I chose to chop up grilled chicken I had left over and put it in the salad. PERFECT. So good. Even on day #2. What a salad.

I must admit though, I stopped eating the salad once I ate all the chicken. But it was a delicious lunch. I can proudly say I
tried something new and enjoyed it. Gold star for me.

Since I knew salad wouldn't feel me up for too long, I added a small bowl of yogurt with some granola on top.  I just bought some Bear Naked 100% Pure & Natural Granola: Fruit and Nut the other day and wanted to try it out. Oh my. My mouth thanked me.  If you haven't tried this, you should. AND it's really healthy. Delicious + Healthy = SCORE in my book.

Breakfast:

2 egg whites
1 piece of whole wheat toast
(thanks Jeff :))

Lunch:

Crispy Asian Salad + Grilled Chicken
Small cup of yogurt + granola

Gym:

30 min stair stepper
20 min basketball/shoot around

Now it's time to shower, see my wonderul parents, and watch KU kick some Husker buns. ROCK CHALK

Happy Saturday :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...